Tabs are exist under the Facebook page cover photo. They’re like the website navigation for your business Facebook Page,
Coca-Cola is Facebook page using custom tabs as a way to showcase guidelines for how Coca-Cola will govern its page, and how visitors and followers should behave when interacting with it. Smart, especially if you’re a big company like Coca-Cola. This is just one way you can use custom tabs on your page.
Add a Custom Tab to Your Facebook Page
Step 1: Create the Content to Display Within Your Custom Tab
Facebook load your content under custom tab using iFrame. In other way, you can display whatever content you’d like inside your custom Facebook tab. You can do this by creating a web page . The contents of web page page are what you’ll tell Facebook to display within your custom tab.
Important: For security purpose Facebook requires you to provide a secure URL HTTPS:// for your web page which you want to load under your Facebook tab. If your website not support the https:// you cannot use the Facebook tab and Facebook will not allow you to set up a custom tab, and you’ll need to setup SSL certificate on your website server first.
Step 2: Log In to Facebook Developer account
You can visit on link https://developers.facebook.com/apps. You will login Facebook developer with using your normal facebook account details.
Step 3: Create Your New Tab
Visit here Create Facebook App to know how to create Facebook App
1) Click the ‘Add a New App‘ button from the top right-hand corner. Then choose the ‘Website‘ button at the far right.
2) Instead of using the “Quick Start” wizard that Facebook launches (which gets confusing), click on the ‘Skip and Create App ID’ button at the top right.
3) Add ‘Display Name,’ which is what your “app,” will be displayed as on your Facebook Page. You can also create a ‘namespace,’ which is basically just a unique ID for your app but this is not required.
4) Click ‘Create App ID,’ and you’ll be taken to your App Dashboard for the next step. (Note: You may be required to enter a Captcha.
Step 4: Configure Your Facebook Page Tab
1) Once your App created, click on ‘Settings‘ in the left-hand navigation; then click the ‘Add Platform‘ button to setup Facebook Page tab.
2) Select ‘Page Tab‘ as your platform.
3) Add the ‘Secure Page Tab URL‘ of your website page. Then specify whether you want a wide page tab (810px), This should also align with the width of the page. You can leave ‘Page Tab Edit URL‘ field blank. You can also upload a ‘Page Tab Image (which must be 111 x 74 pixels),
4) When you filled all required details, click the ‘Save Changes‘ button at the bottom right.
Step 5: Add Your New Custom Tab to Your Facebook Page
This step is tricky, so carefully read. To add new custom tab to your Business Page, you will need to visit a link with custom URL parameters. Following is example of link:
1) First, replace above URL parameter with correct detail, YOUR_APP_ID and YOUR_URL , YOUR_URL parameter is same URL which you setup on ‘Secure Page Tab URL‘.
2) When you have ready with your URL, hit that url in your browser. When you do this , popup open and will add required details
3) Select the Facebook Page you want to add your Facebook tab. Then click ‘Add Page Tab.’ Keep in mind that you’ll need to be an administrator of the Facebook Page in order to add the tab.
WOW! Your custom Facebook tab added to your page. Refresh your page and see your customer tab.